Monday, January 26, 2009

Children

There is a huge part of me that desires children. I really want kids, especially when I see all my friends pregnant or see their cute kids. I've always wanted to be a mom, but my lack of experience with kids freaks me out in a terrible way.

Last night at church, my friend wanted me to teach the children English. Gypsies have their own culture, and kids are pretty much allowed to run wild. I do not know where they draw the line because most of the children are ignored.

In Sunday school, my friend is quite timid and shy and she just pulls them off one another when they brawl. Ha! I said "when" they brawl. Yes, 3-8 year olds are full fledge fist in the air, wresting on the ground, trying to kill one another. The worst are girls! One kids took his finger nails and scratch a kid's eyes and cheeks, and was bleeding. I did not know what to do!!! My lack of Spanish did not help, but I don't think knowing Spanish would have helped either!

The good part was that I had their attention for ~10 minutes and we sang songs in Spanish and English. The other good part, I can wait, at least until school is finished, to have children. There is no way that I have energy for this.

A crazy thing, my friend asked if I would like to help out with the children weekly and teach English. I said I did not have the energy, but that I'd try every other week. She is a saint! She takes peoples kids and does amazing things. I commend those people out there who can deal with other people's kids :)

No comments: