Friday, January 16, 2009

NY & DC

Last night I was so exhausted and I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Dan and I were awakened by a text message from our Portuguese friend who said that there was a plane crash in NY. It was almost like reliving the twin towers experience for a split second. Dan grabbed my ipod and looked for the news. As everyone knows by now, it was a "regular" plane crash and not an act of terrorism. I am thankful that everyone was safe and hats off to the pilot.

The other buzz around town is the inauguration. I'm really surprised that people here care about the inauguration. I have to say I've never watched a full one, but I do enjoy seeing the highlights. I'm not sure how busy I'll be on Tuesday, but thankfully with CNN video, I'll be able to see the parts that I'm interested in.

In other US news, I don't know who's playing in the super bowl, but I do know that Jennifer Hudson is singing the National Anthem and Faith Hill is singing America the Beautiful. Hopefully they'll have those recorded so I can watch.

No comments: