Thursday, January 29, 2009

Insomnia

How ironic that I've had I think my first bout of insomnia in my life, after studying and researching sleep disorders last week. I mean, there have been plenty of times where I tossed and turned, but I did not sleep until 5:30am (that was after getting up for an hour). I have never not slept in a night.

The stress is getting to me. No matter how much I try to sit back and look at the situation from an outsider's perspective, I am still overwhelmed. I have huge papers due weekly, and then I get criticized for style issues. I received an 80% on an assignment because I didn't answer everything that she wanted. It is suppose to be 3-5 pages, and all mine are 8-10 and I am penalized for not elaborating enough? Wow! What can I do with that? Not spend as many hours on my work! I spend hours researching journal articles and writing and get penalized because I used the word "like" (an unscholarly word)instead of "such as". Seriously? One week to write a 10 page polished paper?

Well, I'm repeating myself. Things aren't going smoothly, but they are going! I do not want to know the results of my essay format pharmacology exam. It was so difficult!

No comments: