Monday, January 5, 2009

First Day!

Yes, it's officially the first day of classes for winter quarter. I spent the day reading and reading and reading. My classes still are not completely organized, but I've decided that I cannot panic over everything that is out of my control, because (big epiphany here) everything is out of my control!

So, after looking at the freshly posted syllabus, I noticed that three professors were teaching a class, but I only knew of one. I was in contact with her since August, because it takes awhile for me to get books to Spain. Well, the class was developing, but in November she told me the two books to get. Yay! As I read the syllabus, it has four listed. I was a bit annoyed, contacted the professors and told them that I was unaware of the other two and that it would be troublesome to get the books, but I'd order them right away and I needed their understanding. I get a pat answer reply that says to order them on Amazon.com. Oh well. She was trying to be helpful, but she didn't quite read my email. Anyway, it is out of my hands, I did what I could, and the quarter is starting at full steam.

Wednesdays will be my long days. I'm in class all day till 11 pm. Ick! I only have four classes because I dropped the one I didn't need. I really wanted to take the class because it would allow me to write prescriptions, but it would be way too much make up work for an already overloaded summer.

So, it seems that my complaining is back. I will try to end this tone from now on. 2009 is a new year and I intend to have a positive attitude like days of ol'. I miss the young, naive Alicia. She was a happy little thing. Maybe it will be sunny tomorrow...that would help!

No comments: